“For the first time ever”
That’s not a meaningless phrase. That’s the phrase being used by the National Weather Service to describe our Flash Flood Emergency here in Houston. There have been more than 1000 water rescues over night. As of this morning there have been 5 people die due to flooding. There have been between 20-30 inches of rain fall overnight. Flooding is rampant and the rain from Hurricane Harvey keeps coming. People in the 500 year floodplain are getting dangerously close to flooding. Please pray for Houston.
Here is some Scripture I’ve been praying this morning:
28 Then they cried to the LORD in their trouble, and he delivered them from their distress.
29 He made the storm be still, and the waves of the sea were hushed.
30 Then they were glad that the waters were quiet, and he brought them to their desired haven.
31 Let them thank the LORD for his steadfast love, for his wondrous works to the children of man! – Psalm 107:28-31
We love this city. Here are some specifics to pray for:
- Pray for the path of Hurricane Harvey to move.
- Pray for the rain to stop so we can drain.
- Pray for first responders, doctors, and nurses as they minister.
- Pray for the poor in our area. Most are sheltered, but there is much to deal with after this.
- Pray for the city and surrounding areas.